IDI is a research and policy-support center which applies and disseminates last-generation tools based on the Innovative Development Model. This model faces effectively the complexity of public policies and institutional development efforts through methodic participation processes. It has been applied in more than 20 different fields, such as:
- Decontamination process "Santiago cleans Santiagos Air"
- Regional development process "Magallanes creates its Future"
- National Traffic Safety Policy
- Innovation policy of the National Oil Company, Magallanes
- Environmental management system of Ventanas Copper Smelter and Refinery
- Participative Working Space in Internet "Older People in Latin America"
The ID Model and its tools are the outcome of a 20-year research and application process started at international agencies and US universities and continued in Chile, by a team headed by the Institutes Director. Its theoretical grounds belong to systems thinking, futures research and action research.
IDI was legally established in 1992 in Santiago, Chile, and started operations in 1996. Its research sponsors and clients include government agencies, international organizations, NGOs, business companies and research foundations. IDIs team includes five professionals from different disciplines.
The team is made up of the following five professionals:
Alfredo del Valle , Ph.D.
Juan Pablo Vial
Ssocial systems scientist, economist, engineer; IDI Director.
Business administrator, public health specialist
Business administrator, economist
Linguist, Master in Social Sciences
Industrial Engineer, Internet specialist
How Do We Work
We have three modalities of operation, which are mutually reinforcing:
- Research: Projects for dealing with applied, methodological or conceptual research questions about development processes, the creation of future and participation. These projects are sponsored by international or Chilean research agencies and foundations.
- Direct Applications: Action-oriented projects for dealing with concrete situations of policy, project or institutional nature, at government agencies, networks, enterprises and international agencies, by means of the ID Model and its tools. These projects are undertaken directly by our Institutes team or associate consultants and may involve training in some ID tools.
- Licensing Agreements: Agreements with institutions or with individual professionals enabling them to apply and/or disseminate specific tools derived from the ID Model (modality under current development).
Telephone number : 562-263-1787 Postal Adress: Américo Vespucio Norte 2306, Santiago, CHILE E-Mail : General Information: [email protected]
© Copyright 1997, Innovative Development Institute